DANGER WARNING: Should the purchaser decide to install this exhaust product at home, be warned that pleasure car or light duty truck/van “bumper” jacks are intended for emergency use only. The use of frame contact jack stands in conjunction with a floor jack as main support is highly recommended to minimize accidental dropping of a vehicle while the installation proceeds.
Limitation of liability--Disclaimers: The regulation of emissions production, noise levels and safety standards is undertaken by the federal government, each of the fifty state legislatures, and by many local municipalities, towns and counties.
The manufacturer makes no warranties of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, or that its products are approved for general use, or that its products comply with laws, regulations or ordinances in the states where they may be sold to the ultimate purchaser, the consumer.
The entire risk as to the conformity of this product in any such state and as to repair, should the product prove to be defective or non-conforming, is on the retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer of such product and it is not upon the seller, distributor, or manufacturer.
In this connection, retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer assumes the burden of the entire cost of any and all necessary service, alterations, and or repair. The foregoing statement limits the liability of the manufacturer.
Instructions: NOTE: DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY CLAMPS UNTIL THE LAST STEP!!
1) Disconnect the battery (this will allow the vehicles computer to reset and read the new exhaust system).
2) Support the vehicle in a safe manner, using a shop hoist or frame contact jack stands on a level surface. Remove the exhaust at the clamps just in front of the factory resonator, you will need to reuse these o.e. clamps, along with the original rubber hanger mounts. We recommend popping the hangers out of the o.e. mounts, and pulling the exhaust forward and out from under the vehicle. We recommend a lubricant to lube the hangers for removal. You will need to remove the o.e. hanger mounts that are just behind the rear axle temporarily to allow for removal of the factory muffler. You can un-bolt these o.e. hanger mounts now, and slide the mounts onto the new tail pipe hangers at this time, these will need to be bolted back up to the same location upon installation of the tail pipes.
3) Install the 2-1/4” id ends of the h-pipe assembly to the factory exhaust using the o.e. clamps.
4) Install the driver side (left) tail pipe to the H-pipe using a 3” clamp, and bolt the hanger that was disconnected in step 2) back to the o.e. location.
5) Repeat step 4) for the right (passenger) side.
6) Install the driver side muffler to the driver side tail pipe using a 3” clamp, and connect the hanger on the muffler to the o.e. rubber hanger mount above.
7) Repeat step 6) for the right (passenger) side.
8) Check for clearance of the frame, body, suspension members, and of all brake and fuel lines. When you are satisfied with how the system hangs, tighten the clamps, torque the Accuseal clamps to 35-45 ft. lbs, the o.e. front clamps to 35 ft. lbs. Reconnect the battery.